Hi there! this is a post to partition hard drive in windows 10 so that you’d get a more drive on your pc and get your drive space divided relevantly!
Partitioning a drive is when you divide the total storage of a drive into different pieces. These pieces are called partitions. Once a partition is created, it can then be formatted so that it can be used on a computer – bleepingcomputer.com
How To Partition Hard Drive In Windows 10
So, let’s begin… 😀
- Log on to your PC with an administrator account.
- Below in the taskbar, you’ll find the file explorer. Click on that.
- From the context menu which appears in the left side, right click on This PC. Then a drop down list will come as shown in the image above. Click on Manage.
- A snap in named Computer Management will appear as shown below. (I previously made a drive named KK, which signify my name in short, so ignore that.) 🙂
- You want to transfer the storage capacity from drive C: so, right click in the box which appears below with the name Windows (C:) and click on Shrink Volume.
- You will see something like this, for a couple of seconds..
- Then you’ll see a dialogue box with the tag Shrink C:. And they’re gonna ask you: “Enter The Amount Of Space To Shrink In MB“. You know, a calculator is needed in this step. No doubt, if you are good at maths (Or scored 100 in maths at HSLC) 😀
- 1GB = 1024MB, so, if you want to create a hard drive having 1GB space then type 1024 in that area. But for me, I’d like to create one with 300GB storage capacity. So, I need to type: 300 x 1024 = “307220″ in that area and then click the shrink button.
- Now, right click on the new item which appears at the bottom with the tag: Unallocated (It’s 300GB as you can see). Right Click there and click the first option which says: New Simple Volume.. (see screenshot above).
- You’ll be welcomed to the NEW SIMPLE VOLUME WIZARD. Click on Next.
- After clicking on Next you need to click next again on the Specify Volume Size box.
- Chose a Drive Letter. I’ve taken “I:“. Then, proceed by clicking Next.
- Here, you need to name the label of the drive. I named as Kreettanam.
- Click next after you did and then finally on the finish button.
- Ho Gaya! 😀 Sit Back for few seconds. You are done! Check your new drive by going to My PC.
That’s pretty much it! Easy stuff.
So, partition hard drive in windows 10 done successfully. If you have any queries regarding this then please do comment. I’ve be glad enough to reply for your doubts and let us know if you found this useful, I’m sure it will help a lot of you! 😀 Well, there are many ways to partition hard drive in windows 10 but from my side I will say this is the easiest and the most used one.